Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh where, oh where are my memories....

Stepping back to see all of the ripping and running you have done can be quite refreshing. As a toddler, I always wanted to be on the go and socialize with everyone I saw. I wanted to go from state to state letting people get a witness of my personality. As I started my life's journey, I became aware of the different things that held its own significance compared to another. I received valuable memories that I took from each place. When I came to a standstill, I was happy with how much I accomplished. When I took the tile of a teacher, I wanted my students to feel that same way about thier journey. Google maps offers a way for you to track your progress and the various places you have been to. Each point represents a memory that only makes you smile. Students that create a map similar to mine will grasp the same effect if they attach a memory to each. It acts on prior knowlege and gets them to provide details for thier memory. A project can be implemented where students place a point where they have been or are going to go. They can show this map to others through a presentation and have students answer questions formed by the presenter off of the 12 power words. It establishes critical thinking and is a great way to see how many places you have touched throughout your lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment